Monday, October 20, 2008

It's almost snowing

I didn't get the job I was so hoping for. The manager called me this morning and said that although my interview was "just fabulous", they need someone with decorating experience already. Because of Christmas coming they don't have time to train, they want someone who already knows the suppliers and whatnot. So I'm disappointed. I was so sure that I would get it. I'm not sure what to do now. No one in this stupid town seems to be hiring, not even for Christmas. I've only put out one resume in two weeks. My unemployment is up at the start of February, so I have a few months left but I'm really starting to panic.

Anyway. We had my parents for supper on Saturday night which was nice. I ended up making chili instead of salmon. I like just throwing stuff in the crockpot and then getting on with the rest of my day. On Sunday I decided that one table needed to be moved in the living room and ended up tearing the whole apartment apart. I still haven't quite put things together. I don't like the way this place is laid out, long and not quite narrow but not really wide. The fireplace is on an angle in the corner directly across from the front door, which makes it really hard to place furniture. I've tried every configuration I can think of in the year that I've lived here but nothing is working for me. I wish I had the money to have a stager come in and set it up for me.

It's very cold and rainy outside, the kind of rain that looks like it could turn to snow at any moment. A perfect day to do some baking (banana muffins, maybe some chocolate chip muffins) and then cozy up in front of the fire with my knitting and a movie.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear that you didn't get that very interesting sounding job. I hope something even better comes along instead very soon! Your photo today is lovely. Enjoy the pretty fall days!
~Emily