Friday, October 17, 2008

School days



Elliott sits in that window every morning at 8:30 and watches the kids walk by on the way to school. He doesn't do it on weekends, though, which always amazes me. And he doesn't watch them in the afternoon. The school is about four houses down from me, so by 8:45 the kids come by in droves and he makes that chattering noise that cats make when they see prey but can't get to it. You can see where Pippin, the younger one with claws, has torn the screen. He has three scratching posts but insists on jumping up to the window to stretch his claws on the screen. Urgh!

Anyway, today should be busy. We're having my parents for supper tomorrow night and I still need to figure out what to have. I'm thinking dill and cognac salmon, even though I don't like fish. Plus I need to get the apartment organized for my mother's inspecting eye. And cut the grass outside so my Dad (our landlord) doesn't flip out at how it's getting a bit long. Even though it's the people upstairs' responsibility, they never cut it. So the grass gets so long that when I finally go out to cut it, it clogs up the mower. They are frustrating people.

No comments: