Monday, September 29, 2008

The search continues...

Well. Woe is me. I had a job all lined up as a sales assistant in the store of a friend of my Dad's. He sells bath and kitchen plumbing fixtures. Not exactly the creative job I long for, but helping people pick out the perfect taps to go with their newly done bathroom might be somewhat creative. Except now he thinks he might not need me. The kid he has working now isn't working out, so that's how I got the job. Only now he has decided to keep the kid. Urgh! It's quite depressing, not having a job to go to. In the summer it was actually alright, despite my moaning, because I was free to take off camping for a weekend and I could play domestic goddess. Finn came home to cooked meals just about every night (as opposed to the bit of cold toast I would offer when I was working retail) But now that Christmas is looming (and bills are going unpaid) I need a job and quick. This town doesn't offer much in the way of jobs, though, unless you are trained in driving a forklift. Which I am not.

However. The search continues. And not having a job allowed me to flit off to Niagara On The Lake on Friday with my Mom and Aunt, where we met up with my Aunt Linda nad cousin Kim, plus her previously mentioned baby. It's been ages since I've been there, and it was a nice cool day to walk around with a baby on my hip.


Kim & Nathan


Niagara On The Lake's theatre


My Mom, Aunt Pat and Aunt Linda


Those are the only pictures that turned out semi-alright. I used my Mom's to take more, so I'll have to load them on to a disc next time I'm home.

No comments: