Sunday, September 28, 2008

Happy Birthday, Nana

So tonight was my Nana's 84th birthday. We gathered half the family (20 people!) and met in town at the House of Buddha, which seems to be the place we take her for every occassion. They do great Chinese food.



My camera is crap. All the pictures I took came out blurry. I know it is because I didn't have the flash on, and there is no stabilization so every teensy tremor in my hand shows up in the picture. I took what I thought were a bunch of adorable pictures of Finn and my cousin's daughter, but they all turned out like this -



Her name is Ella, and she loves him. She spent half the night in his lap. Looking at them together, I swear my uterus turned over. The last year or so (maybe more) every baby I see makes me want my own. On Friday I went with my mom and aunt to Niagara on the lake where we met up with my other aunt and cousin who live there. My cousin brought her baby who is almost eight months and I carted that kid around all day. (pictures to come) Though Finn says he's not ready for kids I saw the look on his face when Ella came running over to him. If he had had a uterus, it would have turned over.

Anyway, I wish those pictures had turned out. We'll see her again at Christmas though. The rest of the pictures of my gigantic family look something like this -



So irritating.

No comments: