Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend



Thanksgiving was good. I am still stuffed full of pie, both apple and pumpkin. We ended up having a small turkey at my parent's on Sunday night which I offered to cook - big mistake! It was my first turkey and even though it was small I still had to wrestle with it. It came out slightly dry, and the stuffing ended up tasting like melba toast. But, you can't get better if you don't start somewhere.

Monday we went to my Aunt Pat's for some delicious ham and my family went bananas over the apple pie I made. Dessert, I can do.

Anyway. I had that important interview at Timeless Treasures today and I think it went quite well. I was talking to her for about half an hour and she didn't ask me any of the regular questions which was nice. She said I interview well and that she liked my resume and cover letter. It's only 15-20 hours a week to start, and only a measly $9/h, but it's a start. It just means I'd have to find one or two more part time jobs.

It's a beautiful afternoon, warm and breezy (like summer again!) so I meandered home the long way, picking up pine cones and leaves to use for decorating. I stopped at the knitting store and got some nice chunky purple yarn, chatted a bit with the old ladies who work there. I'll miss my leisurely afternoons once I start working again.

No comments: