Thursday, October 9, 2008

More photos from the weekend









This week has been tough, for some reason. I think it has something to do with being at home on the weekend. I always come back to this crappy apartment and feel defeated. The life I want, the life Finn and I both want, seems so unattainable sometimes. I really hate living in town, and so does he. But we haven't saved up enough yet to buy a house and renting in Erin (where my parents live) would be triple what we're paying now. I know we'll get there someday I am just tired of waiting.

Thanksgiving this weekend. At least I have that to look forward to. Plus it's supposed to be 23 degrees on Monday! Much as I love the crispness of fall, our summer was pretty lackluster so it'll be nice to have one more burst of warmth before the snow flies.

We're going to my Aunt Pat's for dinner which is always exciting because she is the most amazing cook in the world. I am not normally a big fan of turkey - every time I try to do one it ends up being dry and horrible. But my aunt's turkeys are always amazing. Plus my Mom is making both apple and pumpkin pies, which she is renowned for. I'm sure I'm going to put on 10 pounds on Monday alone.

No comments: