Saturday, October 25, 2008

Lazy weekends

Another lazy weekend. We sat around most of the day doing nothing and now Finn has gone to play hockey with my brother. I felt kind of sick so I didn't go, and of course now I feel fine. I do like watching him play. When I first met him he had only been in Canada a month and was desperate to learn how to play "real Canadian hockey". Unlike most Irishmen, he's not that in to soccer but he just loves hockey. So I introduced him to my brother and they've been playing on various men's teams together ever since. Finn couldn't even really skate two years ago, now he's just as good as Tim, who has been playing for ten years.

Anyway. I changed my Etsy shop today. Turns out there is a photographer already using the name Fjordscape (what are the odds?!) so I figured I'd change my name now while it's still early. I didn't have too much feedback to lose. So the new name is Quiet Katie. I think it suits me perfectly.

I've only got a few stuffed bird ornaments listed so far, but I have a few things to finish off and then the shop will look a bit more filled out. I have a few trees that have been sitting patiently on a shelf for a week now, just waiting to be photographed. I also have a really pretty white felt lamb that needs a bit more sewing and she will be done. My first attempt at making the lamb didn't turn out so well (see my Flickr) but my latest try has turned out quite pretty. I can't wait to get her in the shop.

No comments: