Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I think I may have gotten myself a job, finally. The interview I did this morning went well, and although they said there are a few more people to interview the lady who owns the business showed me around the office which is always a good sign. She asked for references but didn't ask why I left my last job so I was spared having to go over those gory details. It's a long walk to get there (oh how I wish I had a car!) but it's only days and I would be in the office by myself most of the time which is how I prefer to work. The office politics of my last position were too much for me. Even though I wasn't involved in any of it, the fact that I distanced myself made it even worse. I can't stand a gossip. But this job it would be me in the front office and some guys working in the back - perfect. All I'd have to do is answer the phones, general office accounting, make sure appointments are set up and that guys are where they're supposed to be. I can do that with my eyes closed and my hands tied behind my back. I emphasized, too, that I grew up with a father who ran his own business so most of the responsibilities of the job I was doing at home when I was 13.

Anyway. I hope I get a call from them. I can't stand sitting at home all day much longer.

No comments: