Wednesday, August 13, 2008

mama mia?

I went with some friends to see Mama Mia tonight. I am not even remotely a fan of Abba, in fact their music makes me want to cut off my ears. So I wasn't really looking forward to seeing the movie, but I went because I needed to get out of the house. We had dinner at Turtle Jack's, which was good and then rushed to see the movie. And, surprisingly, it wasn't that bad! I mean, it was the silliest damn thing I've seen in a long time, but once you get used to the overacting and the random singing, it was really funny. And Meryl Streep can do no wrong.

This morning I had the phone interview with Royal Bank. I think it went okay. I am a horrible judge, though. She said they'd call me if they want me to meet with the hiring manger, but no idea as to when they might call. It would be the same money I was making before, though, so that's good. I've got everyone keeping their fingers crossed for me.

Tomorrow I need to wake up at a reasonable hour and do a bit of housework (laundry is starting to creep out of the hamper and on to the floor) and then get down to sewing business. I have two bags I'd like to finish and have up for sale by Saturday. It all depends on me getting out of bed before 10 o'clock though. That seems to be the magical number. If I'm up and dressed by then, I am productive all day. but if I languish in bed/pj's until 11, then my whole day is spent with a book or on the phone or infront of the TV. I need to stop being so lazy!

No comments: